Vape and Vape Juice – A Guice on What You Need to Know
Vape and vape juice. These are two terms that you have likely heard in recent years. This is because vaping has grown in popularity around the world and these two terms are highly associated with this trend. So, what is vape? What is vape juice? These are the questions that we will answer in this guide. Before we can get into what vape and what vape juice is precisely, you must first understand some of the basics of vaping so that you are familiar with the terminology in this article.
Types of Vaping
- Vaping E-Liquid - The vaping of a liquid vape juice within an electronic vaping device
- Dry Vaping - The vaping of a liquid vape juice within an electronic vaping device
Different Types of Vaping Devices and Components
- E-Cigarette – An electronic device typically prefilled with an inhalable or vapable substance which varies with each device.
- Vape Pen – An electronic device that typically includes a vape tank and mod that is utilized to vape e-juice and e-liquids.
- Pre-Filled Cartridges - Cartridges that are prefilled with an inhalable or vapable substance that can be attached to many different vape pens on the market.
- Empty Cartridges (Tanks) - A cartridge that works with a vape pen that must be filled with an e-juice or vape juice of the consumers choice.
- Atomizers/Coils – An essential component of all vaping devices. This is the component that heats vape juice or e-juice so that it turns to a vapour and can be inhaled.
Now that you know more about the terminology associated with vaping let’s take a closer look at what vape is as well as what vape juice is including the many varieties in which it is available in.
What is Vape?
Essentially, vape is the vapour that is inhaled and/or exhaled after being produced by an electronic vaping device. Vape is attributed to the heating of an e-liquid or vape juice which you will learn more about below.
Vape is also a common term utilized to describe an electronic vaping device or to describe the process of vaping in short lingo. For example, “I just got a vape, and I've already quit smoking cigarettes.” Or, “let’s just vape in the house since it’s snowing outside.” All of this, however, relies on what is known as vape juice or e-juice.
What is Vape Juice (or E Juice)
Vape Juice (also known as e juice) as you may have figured out by the references above is a liquid “juice” that is added to tanks or cartridges designed to attached to electronic devices for vaping. E juice when heated by the coil or atomizer in a pen or e-cigarette produces vape, which is a vapour that can be inhaled and exhaled by the consumer. Many individuals have turned to vaping e liquid as an alternative to smoking products such as cigarettes as vape juice is available with various levels of nicotine which you will learn more about below. Unlike cigarettes, e juice on the market today is available in hundreds of different flavours. You are even able to get CBD Vape.
Two Primary Types of Vape Juice (PG vs VG)
What many people love about vaping aside from the claims that it may be a safer alternative than smoking is the fulfilling hit that they receive. This is provided by one of two primary substances. Vape liquid on the market today are made with a combination of a PG and VG base.
- PG: PG is scientifically known as propylene glycol.
- VG: VG is scientifically known as vegetable glycerin.
PG and VG are both commonly utilized in health and beauty products as well as commercially available food. Both substances are non-toxic organic compounds. While the two are very similar, there are some distinct differences that may affect your vaping experience.
- Consistency: The consistency of e juice directly affects the ability for the cotton and polyfill fabrics outside of wick tanks to absorb the liquid. For this reason, many prefer to utilize a PG dominant based e juice as it provides a thinner consistency and is absorbed easier.
- Buildup Production: PG dominant based vape juices are also preferred as they provide less of a buildup after use thanks to the thinner consistency.
- Flavour: PG is an odorless, and tasteless compound. This means that in no way does it affect or alter the flavour of the vape juice. VG on the other hand naturally possesses a slightly sweet taste that can sometimes affect the potency of any flavour additives.
- Allergic Risk: It is good to note that some individuals have developed an allergic reaction to vaping dominantly PG based vape juices. If you utilize a heavy PG based vape juice and experience any irritation or tingling like sensation in your throat, it would be advised that you switch to a vape juice with a higher VG consistency in the base. VG, in general, seems to be less allergenic though some vapers have reported a build-up of phlegm in their throat from the utilization of VG based vape juices.
- Strength: Between VG and PG it is widely thought that PG provides a much more powerful hit similar to that of cigarettes. This causes many consumers to experience a dry throat and mouth after prolonged use.
- Cloud: When it comes to producing a cloud, VG is the way to go. Thanks to its thicker consistency, it provides significantly more vapour than its PG counterpart.
Flavoured Vape Juice vs Unflavoured E Juice
Another aspect of vaping that many consumers enjoy is the variety of flavours that e juice is available in. From ordinary flavours such as grape, key lime, mango, peach, cherry, and watermelon to unusual and unique flavours described as Unicorn Farts, Napalm, Dragon’s Milk and many others. For those who are not looking to vape unicorn farts, there are many unflavoured e juices on the market today, with and without nicotine additives.
Nicotine Vape Juice
As we mention in our article “How to Vape – What You Need to Know,” nicotine levels within e juices “that contain nicotine typically come in 6 different strengths ranging from 0 to 24 mg of nicotine per milliliter” of e juice. If you have been a long-term smoker and smoke full flavoured cigarettes, it would be advised to start out high a higher nicotine concentration and wean down if you are looking to utilize vaping to quit smoking. If you only smoke on occasion and prefer light varieties of cigarettes, it is likely that you would prefer a lower nicotine concentration in a e juice.
Vape Kits and Vape Juice at Ice Headshop
Vape often include a full setup that will allow you to start vaping in no time at all. Often with vape kits, the only other thing you need is e juice to get started. Vape kits are available for both vaping e juice as well as for dry vaping. Luckily, here at Ice Headshop, you can find a plethora of different vape kits and vape juices for purchase, anytime day or night. Below you can learn more about some of the vape kits and vape juices that we offer.
Vape kits are available for both vaping vape juice as well as for dry vaping. At Ice Headshop, we offer vape kits starting at under £15 ranging in excess of £150 to fit the needs of everyone. From simple vape kits meant for short-term use to top of the line vape kits from leading names such as PAX and SMOK meant to withstand the test of time, you can find it at Ice Headshop.
As you learned above, vape juice comes in many different varieties. Whether you are looking for vape juice with nicotine or without you can find it at Ice Headshop. Are you looking for flavoured vape juices or do you prefer no taste at all? Either way we have you covered. We offer a large variety of vape juices from some of the leading names in the market. We carry vape juices from ZAP Juice, Vampire Vape, SMOK, Malaysian Juice, Premium Labs, Mr. Juicer, Miami Drip Club, Nasty Juice and many others. If you are looking for Check out full selection of vape juices that are sure to have something to fit everyone’s needs here.
Learn more about vaping, e-liquids, and vape juice from our blog post how to vape Whether you are new to the world of vaping or if you are just learning about this trend, we hope that this article helped to clear the vapour when it comes to, vaping, vape, and vape juice.
The information provided in this guide and on iceheadshop.co.uk is meant to provide basic information and guidance surrounding vaping. Please note that there is no scientific proof backing the claims that vaping is a healthy alternative to or a safer option than smoking. The information found on this website is meant for personal use and for educational purposes only. Never should any of the information contained on this website be considered medical advice.