Vaping has become increasingly popular, both for pleasure and for helping to quit smoking. In this guide we will take a look at what you need to start vaping as well as explain the need-to-know basics that are sure to have you vaping like a pro in no time.
Because the huge variety of e-liquid and vape products can be confusing, we’re going to distinguish the different components, what they are for and how to choose the best vape kits, best pod mod kits, pod systems, pens and other vaping equipment to suit your individual needs. We will also take a look at CBD vaping supplies including CBD vape kits so that you can get the best vape experience possible!
If you’ve got any questions about any of our thousands of products please don’t hesitate to contact us - we’ll be happy to help you find what you need.
BEGINNER’S VAPING EQUIPMENT - WHAT DO YOU NEED?
If you’re choosing to start vaping either to help quit smoking, simply for pleasure or to get your dose of CBD then there are a few basic bits of equipment you will need:
- Vape or e-cig device - This is the name for the handheld device that creates your vapour, these can consist of a variety of interchangeable and replaceable parts that can be re-filled and used time and time again or come as a disposable vape device that comes with no adjustable power settings, charging capability or re-fill capability, simply vape until its used up.
- E-cig battery and charger - You will need a battery and charger for most vape devices unless the battery is built in, in which case you will only need the charger.
- E-liquids - E-liquid is the liquid that will go into your vape device. By changing your e-liquid you can change your vaping experience in many ways. You can alter the amount of 'throat hit' you get by choosing liquids with a higher PG level (the throat hit is thought to emulate that of a cigarette). You can increase the cloud density (e-liquids with a higher VG ratio make more cloud - popular amongst cloud chasers), increase or decrease the nicotine strength and change the flavour.
- Accessories - Vaping accessories range from simple, pre-filled and ready-to-go disposable e-cigarette devices, right through to sophisticated, refillable and interchangeable vape pens and mod devices. As a ‘beginner vaper’ you can find all inclusive starter packs that include everything you need to start vaping right away.
- Vape kits - We stock a huge range of vape kits that contain everything you will need to get vaping right away. At ICE Headshop we stock pod kits, pen kits, sub ohm kits, vape starter kit and beginner vape kits to name a few. Our vape kits are constructed with great value and ease of use in mind, we often offer a choice of flavours and strengths and vape kit sizes too.
Vape kits to suit your needs
You should always consider your personal needs and preferences when buying vape equipment and devices, why choose a product that doesn't match your aesthetic, power or your tastes when there is so much available at great prices.
Some vape devices are designed for creating huge clouds of vapour and others replicate cigarette smoking more closely in device size, feel and nicotine levels (often disposable or small E-cigs.)
Mod devices are devices where you can change most of the working parts in order to change the performance and capabilities of your device. Advanced vapers tend to get a Mod device as it is possible to refine your vape needs and completely tailor your vape experience to your unique specification. You can change key features like the:
- Vape tank
If you are looking to increase or adjust the way in which your vape works then a mod device is the way forward. There are so many vape mods that you can get really creative and create a truly unique vaping experience tailored exactly to your taste.
Vape starter kits and vaping accessories
At ICE Headshop we stock many products for new vapers and more experienced vapers alike. Our product ranges cover everything you will need to get vaping in no time, including vape kits, refillable pods, disposable vapes etc.
Our vape kits are put together by our team of experts with years of industry knowledge, they contain high quality components and come complete and ready to use. Our kits are some of the best vape kits available online today, we offer kits with disposable vapes, complete beginner kits for those that have only just started vaping, kits with our favourite vape accessories as well as kits by popular brands.
An e-cigarette device is a vaporiser that heats e-liquid and vape juice until it turns to vapour for inhalation. E-cigarettes come in many shapes, sizes, colours and styles for you to choose from. There are 4 main parts of an electronic cigarette and sometimes they can be interchangeable
The 4 key features are the:
- Battery - You guessed it! This is where the power for the vape is stored. There are many different types of battery, some are removed and charged in a charger, some are charged via USB charging cable and some can be changed or replaced. High quality e-cigs usually have a solid battery life whereas cheaper e-cigs tend to need charging more often.
- Heating element - This part is called the coil, it is responsible for heating the e-liquid in your device and turning it to vapour. Coils are essentially made of wire that is wrapped around a wick - when you fill your vape for the first time, allow 5-10 minutes for the wick to absorb some e-liquid. Coils come in many shapes and sizes and are almost always replaceable. Coil changes are part of regular vape maintenance, keeping your coils clean is imperative for an enjoyable vaping experience.
- Tank - The tank is the place where the e-liquid is loaded and stored before it is vaporised. Tanks come in a wide array of shapes and sizes and are often specific to certain devices, this means that when purchasing a new tank make sure it is compatible with your device type.
- Mouthpiece - This is the part through which you inhale the vapour made inside your device. Mouthpieces vary depending on style of vaping and your personal taste. Smaller mouthpieces are ideal for flavour and smaller inhalations whereas mouthpieces with a big hole are better for higher powered vapes, bigger inhalations and cloud making.
Most of our devices come complete with an in-built battery, tank, mouthpiece and charging port; simply fill the tank with your chosen e-liquid and puff away. Other vape pens and e-cigs are sold in separate parts so that you can build your own custom vape device from different vape accessories.
We put vape kits together so that you need not waste time searching through our huge selection of vaping equipment, Our vape kits are great value for money and you often have a number of choices of what's in your kit. If you are looking for the best vape kit then look no further and visit our online store today.
E-CIGARETTE BATTERY AND CHARGER
If you choose a reusable vape device rather than a disposable one then you will need a battery and a charger as well. Check that your device has a battery and charger included before purchasing separately.
If you find your chosen products do not include batteries or charger then there are plenty of battery and charger packs in store today. Be sure to check the battery size and compatibility with your machine.
Powerful ‘mod’ machines (vape devices modified to deliver more power, produce more smoke and hold more liquid) will use a lot of battery power quickly. You will want a battery with a long lifespan for these style vapes to save having to charge your device frequently.
As a newcomer to the world of vape you may initially be excited by the amount of e-liquids available to buy. Although many e-liquids contain nicotine, there are usually non-nicotine flavoured equivalents for those of you that do not want a nicotine hit.
For the CBD fans among you, you can get high quality CBD vape juice in a wide array of flavours directly from our online store.
CBD AND VAPING
Inhaling CBD vape liquid is arguably the fastest way to feel the effects of any kind of CBD product. When inhaled, CBD enters the bloodstream quickly transported directly to the places where it is needed.
VAPE E-LIQUID AND VAPE JUICE FLAVOURS
With 1000's of unique flavours to choose from, it’s safe to say there is something for everyone. Here are some classic and some less conventional flavours that are on offer:
- Jam on toast
- Confectionary/traditional sweet flavours
Many established and reputable brands offer a range of tastes, aromas and options for nicotine, non-nicotine and CBD. E-liquid bottles range in sizes from 10ml all the way up to 100s of ml, perfect for pocket sized top ups and bulk buy bottles for refilling at home.
VAPE MAINTENANCE AND PRACTISES
There are some simple steps you can take to ensure your vape device is operating at its highest potential and producing top quality vapour.
By following these easy guidelines you will get the most out of your device for longer:
- Do not let your e-liquid run too low. Using your vape without enough liquid can cause damage to the atomiser/coil leaving you with an ineffective product.
- Store your e-cig out of sunlight, high temperatures and away from water. Try to keep your device upright to avoid leakages.
- Keep the tank and atomiser/element clean. If you can, disassemble your device, take the tank and atomiser off and rinse with warm (but not boiling) water and set to dry gently on kitchen roll. Check the instructions for your individual device to be sure you can take it apart before proceeding with your maintenance.
- Clean the battery terminal. Often the place where your battery joins the tank and atomiser can get sticky or dirty because of the e-liquid. Simply use a cotton bud to wipe it softly clean.
- Do not run the batteries too low. Similar to many other battery powered devices, too many full empties of the charge can compromise the battery’s integrity.
- Change the coil. When your device is fully charged, clean and full of e-liquid there is no reason it shouldn’t work. If you’re failing to get a good hit, try replacing the coil, after plenty of use the coil can deteriorate and work less effectively. Coils are inexpensive and a fresh coil can rid any unwanted burnt or off flavour.
Accessories are the perfect way to customise your e-cigarette device. Long gone are the days of generic pens, now you can have oversized tanks with different shaped mouthpieces, pod mods, bigger batteries and even lanyards or holsters to store your device. Why not create your own perfect e-cig set-up and stand out from the crowd?
HOW TO PICK THE RIGHT VAPE EQUIPMENT
Choosing the right vaping equipment can be a tricky process as there is such a huge choice available. Not all function the same, some are designed for big visual clouds, whilst others provide a delicate and refined vapour for relaxing enjoyment.
The main thing is to do your research before you make a purchase. Try to gauge what kind of an e-cigarette will suit your individual lifestyle best. Whether you would just like the occasional vape here and there and would find it simple to carry a small disposable around with you, or you are a die-hard cloud fan looking for a powerful machine to enjoy.
If you’re using vape as a method of quitting smoking, then choosing an e-cigarette or vape pen that is small and quick to use will feel more familiar and make for an easy transition. Choose an e-liquid that offers the same amount of nicotine as you are used to and try and slowly reduce the nicotine content. As always, consult with your doctor or GP.
HOW DOES A VAPE PEN WORK?
In much the same way as water is heated and turned to steam, e-liquid or vape juice is heated by the coil or heating element of your chosen device until it turns to vapour. It is then inhaled by the user through the mouthpiece in a similar way that a smoker inhales cigarette smoke. Simply charge your device, fill the tank and enjoy.
E-cigarettes, with a bit of practise, are simple to use and require a relatively low level of maintenance. Much like any machine or gadget, there are things that will need replacing. For example, the coils used to vaporise the liquid in vape pens and devices will eventually burn out. If you drop your vape then there is a chance you could break the tank or mouthpiece. Don’t worry though, coils and tanks are pretty inexpensive and when used and maintained correctly can last a long time.
SHOP VAPE KITS TO GET STARTED
If you’re looking for a simple and affordable way to get started on vaping then look no further. We stock many vape starter kits from basic pen vapes to powerful e-cig devices - just be sure to read the specifications so that your e-cigarette performs to your expectations. Our kits are not only a great way to get started, they also offer incredible value for money and you can even benefit from money off your next order when you collect ICE points as you shop using your account with us.
CONTACT ICE HEADSHOP
To speak with our experts about our vape products or for more information, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Email: [email protected] (24/7/365)
Phone: Mon-Fri, 10am - 4.00pm
Phone orders: 01626 903101
General enquiries: 01626 9031
Disclaimer: Please note that you must be 18 years or older to purchase CBD products. All claims and effects of CBD have been regulated by the MHRA since 2016 and distributors require a license from the MHRA to make any medical claims. Claims are opinion based and non-scientific, and while we may discuss the opinions people share, they are not our own. Our CBD is not intended to treat, cure or prevent disease. Although we can advocate its calming & healthy properties it is in no way intended for medicinal use.